Make / Model: Hunter Sonata Lifting Keel
Price comment: Open to negotiation
Tax / VAT status: Not paid / Excluded
Name of boat: Moonlight Sonata
Year of manufacture: 1975
Designer: David Thomas
Length overall: 22'7"
Length waterline: 18'5"
Length on deck: 21'5"
Displacement: 1,115 kg
Hull: GRP Displacement
Keel: Lifting keel
Location: St Helier, United Kingdom
Engine: Mercury 5hp Saildrive Outboard
Fuel capacity: 12 litres
Maximum speed: 6 knots
Cruising speed: 5 knots
Range: 40 nautical miles
Number of cabins: 2
Number of berths: 4
A fantastic example of an iconic British design, well maintained and ready to sail. This boat has been well used and loved. Sailing around the Channel Island the current owner has used her to the max both inshore and offshore and she has never let down. Brilliant fun to sail, a wolf in sheeps clothing down wind. Simply being sold with a little reluctancy to allow for bigger sailing challenges, which are out of sensible reach for this boat.
Additional Information and Works:
- Waterline up stripped back to original gel-coat and beyond where necessary, filled and faired, re-gel-coated, heavily polished back to leave an ‘as new’ finish. Winter 2016
- Keel and plate removed, shot blasted, filled and faired, painted, foot piece with gasket fitted, recess in hull repaired before keel being bonded back into place. Winter 2016
- New standing rigging 2012
- Running rigging and fixtures replaced as and when necessary
- Technique Voile Mainsail, No’1 &2 Genoa and 0.5oz running kite. Used for racing only, carefully stored and all in good condition.
- Banks Sonata Class Mainsail, used for cruising and deliveries
- Crusader No’3 Jib
- Cockpit set up for short handed IRC racing
- IRC Rating just 0.807. Possibly the lowest rating Sonata
- Happy to deliver to UK South Coast or France